SELECTS CITY NATIONAL BANK AS ONE OF BEST-IN-STATE BANKS IN THE NATION
City National Bank & Trust has been awarded one of the best in-state banks across the country by Forbes Magazine. CNB has also been named the top-rated in-state bank in Oklahoma by the global media brand.
Forbes contacted the Lawton, Oklahoma-based bank in June about the award, which stems from an online survey created by Forbes and Statista, a market research firm. Over 25,000 U.S. citizens were surveyed. A total of 124 banks in the nation were awarded Forbes Best-In-State Banks for 2021 and 145 credit unions were awarded Forbes Best-In-State Credit Union – 2.4 percent of U.S. financial institutions made the final cut.
CNB’s President and CEO, George Porter, said it’s an honor to be presented such a prestigious award. “This award signifies the immense effort that each of our employees, front-line or backroom, puts into serving our customers and our communities,” he said. “It also comes from the great team effort of our employees who are serving, communicating and providing solutions for our customers and community.”
Participants who took the survey were asked to name all banks and credit unions they have ever used. They were also asked to rate them on various criteria including the financial institutions’ trust, branch services offered, level of financial advice, its digital services and terms and conditions for consumers.
Best-In-State Bank or Credit Union 2021 the following conditions had to be met:
1) The bank / credit union got at least 40 evaluations from customers
2) The bank’s / credit unions total score was at least 70/100
3) The bank / credit union operates in 14 states or less
4) The bank / credit union is among the top rated banks / credit unions in the state:
- The number of awarded companies varies between 1 and 5 according to the respective population in the state and the number of banks / credit unions with a sufficient amount of evaluations
Across all U.S. states 124 unique banks and 145 unique credit unions were awarded (1) This equals 2.2% (2) of all banks and 2.5%(3) of all credit unions in the U.S.
(1) Given that some banks and credit unions made the list in more than one state the total number of awards amounts to 151 banks and 149 credit unions (2) 124 of 5,746 banks in the U.S. (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation/American Bankers Association 3Q 2017) (3) 145 of 5,806 credit unions in the U.S. (CUNA Mutual Group, November 2017)
ThreeThree banks in Oklahoma were selected as the top-rated banks in the state, with CNB scoring the best at a 89 percent rate. Bank of Oklahoma Bank received about an 88 percent rate, followed by IBC Bank, which scored an approximate 87 percent rate.
“It doesn’t surprise me that we rank high for the customer service that we routinely give and the relationships that we build with our communities,” said Porter. “We strive to reach our customers with every conceivable channel that they use; front-line branches, call center, internet access, phone app, and automated interactive services.”
“Beyond that, we’re making banking more convenient and personable with easy accessibility to CNB across all media platforms. We want our customers to know they are our first priority and our commitment is second to none.”
City National Bank has 42 branches and serves 22 different communities in Oklahoma and Kansas. The family-owned bank has served customers since 1901. While supporting the community is a cornerstone of the company’s philosophy, so is excellent customer service and easy-to-use products for personal or commercial use.
For more information on services, visit www.cnb1901.com.
- George Porter, President and CEO of City National Bank & Trust
SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE STEMS FROM THE ETHICS AND VALUES OUR TEAM HOLDS.